Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blah, Argh and Grrr....

I've been having a hard time the last few weeks. I can't tell if it's the change in seasons, a sudden drop in hormones as I weaned from nursing, Andi's traveling away from home or all of the above but I haven't felt like myself lately. I'm all over covered in blah.

Does anyone else have a hard time transitioning from winter to spring/summer clothes? While I don't particularly enjoy winter weather, there's something comforting about sweaters and jeans and coats. It's easier to hide flabby arms, pale skin and a flubby tummy behind layers and scarves. Now that our Minnesota weather has turned unseasonably warm so quickly, I find myself struggling to fit into my pre-baby spring/summer clothes because let's face it, my body is no longer in its pre-baby shape. I'm not necessarily bigger, just different. Plus, this wardrobe is from two years ago since I mostly wore maternity clothes in 2011. Oh, and did I mention most of my warm weather clothes are MIA? Last year I packed away my summer clothes because I was wearing maternity and didn't have the closet space to store them in our tiny old house. Somewhere in the move last summer, the tote apparently was misplaced (or didn't make the move?) because I can't find those clothes anywhere. I have a handful of shirts, of which all are skin-tight. Why did pre-baby me like to wear things so figure-flattering? GAH.

I know a shopping trip would likely cure this funk I'm in, but I'm having trouble finding anything flattering on my now flabby stomach and giant boobs. Also? Buying an entirely new wardrobe costs money and there's the whole part about finding TIME to shop. I wish there was a service like Trunk Club for women. I would pay serious money for someone to do the shopping for me. Well, not really. I don't actually have serious money but I'd love to pay someone in hugs and chocolate to pick out adorable new clothes that fit my figure perfectly and deliver them directly to my closet.

I'm sure some of this blah feeling definitely has something to do with hormones. I'm also sure it'll pass eventually like every blip in pregnancy and parenting does. I thought getting a new hairstyle might help lift my spirits so I made a spur-of-the-moment appointment on Thursday and walked out with new side-sweeping bangs.

Good idea when my hairstylist is there to style the look for me. Bad idea when I'm now at home and forced to DO SOMETHING with these newfound side-sweeping bangs that basically look like short layers. GAH. I'm now considering going back to the salon to have her change side-sweeping bangs into full cover-the-forehead bangs. Although, I'm not sure cutting my hair even shorter is a good idea if I can't figure out how to style it now.

Just a barrel of fun over here, aren't I? I guess I just needed to brain dump on someone and Internet, YOU WIN! Maybe I also wanted to see how many times I could say BLAH, ARGH and GRRR before it's overkill. Too much? You can tell me.

4 comments:

  1. Love the hair!! I've thought about cutting mine but it's just so easy to toss it in a ponytail and call it a day!
    I definitely know where you're coming from! I just had that same conversation with myself (silent of course -in my head) while I was running this morning. I'm not sure if it's the hormones, hubby away from home or this flip-flop weather we are experiencing. Whatever it is, I'm trying my best to shake it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely relate! I've tried to go shopping for me and it just isn't working - I need new additions to my wardrobe because it's got me down in the dumps lately! BUT I don't want to buy a bunch of things because I keep telling myself that I'm going to lose these last couple of pounds...or at the very least get toned back up before wasting money on clothes...but that hasn't happened yet.

    Don't worry about it - you seriously look great! You just had a baby 7 short months ago...and you need time to get back to feeling like yourself.

    BTW love the new cut - it looks great on you. I on the other hand have decided to stick to just not fixing my long, stringy locks. It's really working for me right now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally feeling it too!! It doesn't help that my skin is so white that it glows and I haven't set foot on the tredmill all winter long! You are NOT alone.

    Oh and your hair does look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I hear you. Went to get new summer post-baby wear and was busting out of the usual size (from 2010). Sure hope big boobs and flab stomachs are in style this summer cause I'll be hawt

    ReplyDelete