Thursday, March 15, 2012

Getting Along Just Fine

While we are missing Daddy around these parts, I have to say the unseasonably warm weather has Tory and I in good spirits during his absence this week. The days have flown by since Andi left on Tuesday and we've found plenty to keep us busy.

After work on Tuesday, I bundled Tory up (even though it was sunshiny 65 degrees outside!) and we took Chloe for a long walk around the neighborhood. She was probably overdressed for the occasion, but I'm having a hard time finding a balance between the seasons with our abrupt switch to spring in Minnesota. I find myself in constant panic she's not dressed warmly enough ... or has on too many layers and is sweating herself to death. Better to peel off layers than freeze her little body, I suppose.

It's nice to finally get some use out of our City Mini stroller. I was too nervous to take Tory outside in September when she was only a few weeks old and she never allowed us to use it on our Florida vacation because she had to sit in the car seat attachment. Now that Tory's big enough to sit solo in the seat (just barely!), she's enjoying cruising around the neighborhood trail.

Working has helped fill the days this week so the few hours I have with Tory in the evenings fly by. Now that she's 6 months old and started solids, it seems like I'm hustling to feed her dinner, clean her up (which often involves a quick bath to wash vegetables out of her hair!), a few minutes of playtime and it's already time for bed. I remember the early days of Tory's life this fall, when Andi was traveling so much, and how LONELY I felt all by myself everyday. Some days seemed never ending and I guess that's what I was dreading more than anything now that Andi's busy work season is upon us. Maybe I'll be busy enough with Tory and that won't be the case this time around ...

I'm amazed at how quickly Tory is growing up. I think she'll be crawling any day now. Last night we were laying on the floor of the sun porch which was wildy reminiscent of my first few days at home with her last fall. I love when those deju-vu moments rush over me in the most fantastic way. I was instantly filled with so much love for my baby girl and could've laid there for hours watching her play on a blanket. She rolled back and forth, back to tummy and tummy to back a million times and couldn't get enough of her reflection in the sliding glass door. She practiced scooting on her elbows, although she's not quite there yet. I hoped she wouldn't army crawl just yet; I don't want Andi to miss it!



Tonight we fly to Nebraska to see my family. Here's hoping Tory Bean is a good little traveler and sleeps most of way there. This time I'll bring a nursing cover so I won't have the same boob situation with a potentially handsome plane seat passenger!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Hope you trip is going well. Tory is getting SO BIG - I can't believe our babies are going to be mobile soon (well, YOUR baby. Lucy enjoys sitting, haha!)

    ReplyDelete