Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

A holiday weekend in Nebraska was just what I needed after a craptastic few days last week. Late Thursday night, Andi, Tory and I flew home to be with my family for Easter and the weekend couldn't have been more perfect. As Andi and I were driving on a country road, just the two of us on Easter night, I told him how much I needed a weekend away with my family. "It feels like we're in the middle of nowhere and the world is quiet," I said. And that's exactly why I love coming home....

My parents took a vacation day on Friday and the five of us (my parents, Andi, Tory and I) lounged around the house for most of the day, eating delicious Sunrise Bakery donuts for breakfast (seriously my new obsession), snuggling Tory Bean and making a typical trip to Wal-Mart (always a highlight of our trip - the people watching!).

... It's taken me four days to finish this post and I can't exactly remember what we did on Saturday. I'm fairly certain it involved more relaxing around my parents house, hanging out with my sister Ashley and niece Brooke, a stroller walk around the neighborhood, caffeine, cocktails and lots of yummy food. (It's safe to say I've fallen into a deep, dark hole of indulgence since quitting nursing last week).

Somehow I blinked and Brookie's grown into a such a big girl. She has quite the imagination and we played "house" and "restaurant" together all weekend. She loves to play babies and is very interested in how to be a mommy. I fielded (or dodged, more like it) lots of tough questions about how Tory was born. Gotta love inquisitive 4 1/2 year olds...


I love this photo of Brookie and I, taking a walk with our "babies."


My mom asked if she could pick out Tory's first Easter dress, and I really didn't mind. She chose a pink seersucker sailor dress which Tory looked adorable wearing. She didn't even mind the cute little hat accessory! The Easter Bunny was very generous and Tory came home with lots of new summer outfits,   Gerber Puffs cereal, toys, books and sippy cups.

Easter Sunday, we went to church as a family and then over to my Aunt Cheri's house for lunch. I'm so blessed to have an amazing family surrounding me. We really had a fantastic holiday together.


The kids hunted Easter eggs in the backyard. Even Tory and I got in on the action. Brookie was obviously the Easter Egg Hunt winner. Watch out, little missy, next year Tory will be able to hunt Easter eggs too!

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the three of you!! Tory's dress was so adorable : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter little Tory! Heather she is such a doll and looks like you had a great Easter back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fielded?! Dodged?! I say you missed a fun opportunity... Brooke is about Sophia 's age - you tell em everything plain as day, penis in vagina! Then wait for the fun call from your sister.... (your sister, right??)

    ReplyDelete