Friday, April 20, 2012

Fly Away Stomach Bug!

Last night I curled up in new sheets, feeling like the worst mommy ever after my baby girl hurled peas all over my white comforter a few hours earlier. Yesterday was day five (FIVE!) of this stomach bug she's fighting. I'm ready for it to leave my baby, thankyouverymuch.

On Sunday, Tory projectile vomited everywhere after her afternoon bottle and once again at bedtime. At first I thought it might be related to teething because she's definitely slobbering on everything these days, but I ruled out that theory when her sickness continued this week. I stayed home from work with her on Tuesday and she threw up once more in the morning. Is there anything worse than seeing your little baby vomit again and again? I think not.

It seemed like she was getting some of her spunk back and was able to keep foods down on Wednesday so I thought we were on the upward swing. Last night, I fed her peas for dinner, dressed her in pajamas and laid her on my bed to change out of my work clothes when ... SPLAT. Tory threw up all over my white comforter. Poor girl was beside herself for the rest of the evening. I was able to get her to drink some Pedialite and she finally settled down to sleep at 8:30pm (an hour and a half past bedtime). Of course Andi is traveling this week, as is my mother-in-law, and my own family lives several states away. I could've cried myself after Tory was finally asleep last night. Between the gazillion loads of poopy and pukey laundry, a fussy baby and a week of solo-parenting, I'm exhausted.

I took her to the doctor this morning and all looks fine. It's just a nasty virus we need to ride through, the doctor said. This is one of the hardest parts of parenting, I think, watching your child in pain when nothing you do seems to help them. This is the first time Tory's really been sick and it kills me to see her hurting. My arms have had a rest, Tory Bean. I'm ready for my jumpin' bean to be back in action.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds awful:( Hope you are both better and rested very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the worst!! Get some rest and I hope Tory Bean starts feeling better very soon!!

    ReplyDelete