Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Teething Saga Continues

What one little girl loses, another one gains.

Yesterday after much pain and suffering, Tory's second tooth finally poked through her sore little gums. My poor baby has been drooling, battling diarrhea, fever, diaper rash and restless sleep all thanks to her new little chomper. She now has two tiny teeth on the bottom center of her mouth (or she will, once the second one grows in a bit).

Coincidentally, my niece Brookie lost her second tooth - the exact same one as Tory gained! - yesterday as well. Remember how these two girls gained/lost their first tooth on the same day last month? Crazy. It's like their teething cycles have synced up or something.

Bring it, Tooth Fairy!
 The upside for Brookie? Another quarter from the tooth fairy.

For Tory? More sharp puppy teeth to bite Mommy and Daddy. Ouch!

5 comments:

  1. I think I have told you this before - Adriana would get TERRIBLE diarrhea and diaper rash when teething (Lucy does too, but not as bad. Poor Tory! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to answer your question in the disappearing post, I also think a lot of it is nature, especially after having a second kid. Very different personalities from day one. It's fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Lauren just had two teeth pop through yesterday and man has she been a bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty crazy!
    My kids weren't terrible tethers, but I recently heard about this amber teething necklace that supposedly can really help with the symptoms of teething. I'm not totally familiar with the subject, but basically if you keep the amber on the baby 24 hours a day, it can sooth their symptoms. I know a few moms who used it and swear by it..who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know there's a book with this same story line?? Now I have to find it..

    ReplyDelete