Thursday, January 27, 2011

Booked!

Trip booked!

Andi called me this morning and told me he found a flight deal to Orange County over my birthday weekend. Delta was running a flight deal from Minneapolis to OC for 20,000 miles. (Hey, did you know Delta SkyMiles now expire at the end of the year? It's true; it's a new policy. Gotta use those miles)! So we decided - OC for my birthday and it's going to be great.

I'm not sure why this trip was such a big decision for us, but we couldn't for the life of us decide how to celebrate my 30th birthday. We talked about Cancun but waited too long to book the deal we found and then it was gone. We considered the cabin up North but we're both so freaking over this crappy Minnesota weather, we decided to get away somewhere warmer. Southern California's been experiencing record high temperatures the last few weeks so hopefully the trend continues and it'll stay in the mid to upper 70's. I'm just looking forward to walking outside without a coat. Big dreams, big dreams.

What are we going to do in So Cal? No idea. We'll probably spend a day in Laguna Beach and another day in San Diego. Sit at a sidewalk cafe or go to the beach. I've been to L.A. several times and spent time around Santa Monica but never Laguna or San Diego so it should be fun just to relax and bum around.

Love my husband for just making a decision and taking care of it. Great way to ring in the big 3-0. Just me and my honey and some California sun...

1 comment: