Saturday, January 8, 2011

Annual Report

Here's 2009

January 1 - We spent New Year's in Duluth with close friends. While the boys hosted a hockey tournament in -20 degree temperatures, the ladies went to the spa :)


February 27 - Andi took me snowmobiling for the first time. While I really like it and wouldn't mind going again, I would never want to go 6 hours like we did that day. WAY.TO.LONG.


March 15 - Andi and I traveled to Maui for the first time. We had an amazing trip, relaxing in the sun and venturing around the island. It's our favorite place to visit in Hawaii for sure.


April 6 - We spent Easter 2010 in Nebraska. This weekend is one of my favorite memories with my niece Brooklyn. I taught her how to fly a kite, we blew bubbles, played Play-Doh and drew with sidewalk chalk outside in the brisk spring air. There is nothing particularly special about those moments, just some I'll never forget.


I like April because it's the first month we all come out of hibernation and enjoy the outside again. Personally, I hate how winter makes me feel all cooped up and limited to staying indoors. This month I started on spring clean-up in my yard and my tulips and daffodils finally start to sprout.


May 9 - Andi and I met my parents, brother and sister in Des Moines to celebrate Mother's Day. We reserved a few hotel rooms and spent most of the weekend going out to dinner and swimming in the hotel pool.


May 16 - Our first weekend at our summer cabin. Also known as, my favorite place on Earth. Our many weekends here over the summer are some of my favorite memories of 2010.


May 30 - Memorial Day at the cabin. Fishing, friends and SO MUCH FUN.



June 4 - As an anniversary present for Andi, I did something daring and signed up for a boudoir photo session. It was one of the most beautiful and powerful things I've ever done for myself. I loved it! I presented Andi with the photos in a bound leather book for our anniversary in July.


June 6 - The most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. [Lake O'Brien, Crosslake]



June 14 - Andi and I traveled to Chicago to visit our friends Ellie and Derrick. We had a great time hanging out for the weekend and exploring their little neighborhood.


July 4 - BEST. FOURTH OF JULY. EVER. 'nuff said.


July 31 - Andi and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in British Columbia, Canada. We had an amazing little getaway to one of the most beautiful places in the world.


August 8 - My parents ventured to Minnesota and spent a few days with us at the cabin. It was their best visit here; we relaxed and enjoyed the best weather Minnesota offered us all summer long.


September 24 - September's the busiest time at work for me and pretty much a blur. I worked hard, slept little and tried to enjoy the last few days to warm Minnesota weather. On 9/24, Andi and I went to dinner at a nice restaurant in St. Paul to celebrate us coming up for air.

October 4 - Andi and I said good-bye to the cabin and turned over the keys back to the owners. A sad day, but hopefully a chapter we'll get to open again in 2011.


November 15 - Andi and I traveled to Philadelphia to visit my cousin Tara and my aunt/uncle Bob and Cindy. It'd been years since I'd seen them and we had a relaxing weekend catching up and snuggling Tara's new baby Henry.

November 27 - We celebrated Thanksgiving with Andi's family in Minnesota this year. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite family traditions with Janie and Lindsay. We meet early at Andi's grandma's house and prepare a big feast for his entire extended family. It's what Thanksgiving is really all about.


December 13 - Andi's 30th birthday and our first trip to Europe. We traveled to London and Paris, ate our weight in croissants and soaked up all the culture we were able.


December 25 - Christmas Day 2010. We celebrated with Andi's family in Minnesota (and my family the following week).


We're so fortunate 2010 brought us good memories, happiness and health. Looking forward to all 2011 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment