Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend

When the husband is away, the wife ....

... is lazy and never gets out of her pajamas. Is that how the saying goes?

Andi's in Montana snowmobiling with a few friends this weekend, which leaves me at home all by my lonesome. You may be imagining a sad, mopey tone to my voice but I actually love it. Two whole days to eat, sleep and do whatever I want when I want.

Last night I did manage to take a shower and go to my work holiday party. Even though I missed having my side kick alongside me, it still was pretty fun. My favorite part is getting a glimpse of my co-worker's spouses and significant others. Always interesting to see people outside a typical work setting.

I was suppose to fly to Nebraska for work later this afternoon but my work trip has been canceled due to heavy snow fall forecasted in Nebraska this week. I know from experience, when the weather's bad in central Nebraska they just shut down the interstate and no one goes anywhere until it's clear. That's the LAST place I really want to be today so thankfully my work colleagues decided to cancel our plans.

So instead, I've spent most of my morning on hold with our corporate travel trying to cancel my $750 flight (a charge that won't exactly fly under the radar). I also finished putting away the last remaining Christmas decorations and the tree. Why I thought twisting 6 strings of lights around every tree branch was a good idea is beyond me now.

For the remainder of my day, I think I'll finish some laundry, take a nap and watch a few crime dramas on television. Can a weekend be any sweeter?

No comments:

Post a Comment