Friday, March 6, 2015

9/52 (A Weekly Photo Series)

This picture of Aden pretty much sums up our week:


My poor boy came down with the flu Sunday night, and has been "off" all week. Bouts of spunkiness and a healthy appetite when I think he's turned a corner, followed by throwing up and fussiness. On repeat. I got sick Tuesday night into Wednesday, but thankfully it was shorter-lived for me. It's incredibly hard to take care of a sick kid (plus one healthy, energetic one) when you don't feel well. Andi traveled part of this week and returned home with a killer headache he can't seem to shake ... so, yeah, we're ready for this week to pass. Onward and upward!

It wasn't all doom and gloom, I suppose. I pulled out the bin of Easter stuff which included seasonal books and plastic Easter eggs for the kids to play with. Tory was particularly enamored by the new reading material. I thought it was so cute how she cozied up on the couch and began looking through the new books immediately.



Easter is one celebration I struggle how to teach the true meaning to my kids. At age 3, I think Tory might really begin to understand Jesus dying on the Cross, so I'd like to find age-appropriate ways to share this message with her. Part of my plan was to attend Lenten services on Wednesdays at our church, but the flu got in our way this week. Need to find some purposeful activities for us ... adding this to my goals for next week.

P.S. I'd forgotten how much I loathe stepping on and picking up those darn plastic Easter eggs scattered all over the floor!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, sorry it was a rough week. Hope next week is much better for you all.
    LOVE Tory's ootd, btw :)

    ReplyDelete