Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bascilica Block PARTY!

Andi treated me to tickets to the Bascilica Block Party on Saturday. This is an annual festival in Minneapolis and is actually a fundraiser for the Bascilica of Saint Mary Catholic Church. There's tons of bands the entire weekend, and a small taste of state fair foods like cheese curds and grilled corn on the cob.

We went on Saturday night to check out Matt Nathansan and The Counting Crows. The opening band, Green River Ordinance, was actually one of my favorites - they were really good!

Next was Matt Nathansan, who I already love. I got his CD about 5 years ago from a friend at Red Bull who knew him. I've listened to that CD every since, so I have to say I was a fan way before his hit song this summer. But, I'd never seen him in concert ... and he didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, he only played for an hour before Counting Crows came on.

Here's some video of Counting Crows - they were good too. They sounded exactly like they do on an iPod.



We watched Counting Crows for a while and then got hungry. So we left the Block Party and went for sushi at Wasabi. Not scared of calling it a night at 11PM. We had a fun time and it was nice to do something different for a change. Thanks Andi!

No comments:

Post a Comment