Sunday, July 26, 2009

QT, Birthdays & Last Weekend as a Bachelorette

Obvious from my previous posting, I get a little testy when I'm missing my honey. I need quality time together or I start to feel neglected. So on Friday, I decided to book massages for Andi and I to reconnect after a long summer of working and wedding planning.

Getting a massage is one of my favorite things in the world, and something Andi and I like to do together. Today we went to Ivy Spa in downtown Minneapolis - one of the premier luxury spas in the Cities. It's soooo nice! Ivy Spa not only delivers quality massages and other services, but has extensive spa facilities like a steam room, sauna, whirlpool and relaxation area to utilize while you're there. During today's visit, my massuse did Trigger Point Therapy on my back, neck and shoulders to relieve some of the stress and tension I've experienced from work / wedding stress. It was amazing - by far the best massage I've ever had. The next massage I'll get will be a Thai massage on our Thailand trip ... and I have a feeling that will be a completely different experience!

After our massages, Andi and I met up with his mom (Janie) and sister (Lindsay) to celebrate Janie's birthday. We walked to an art fair taking place at St. Caterine's University down the street from our house. It was fun to spend some time together for Janie's birthday.

Tonight, to celebrate my last weekend as a bachelorette, a few girlfriends and I got together to have a glass of wine and gossip about the latest and greatest. As I sat around the bar with the girls, I thought of how lucky I am to have such great people in my life. A fulfilling life is all about sharing memories, thoughts and experiences with those we love. I'm a lucky girl, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment