Thursday, July 1, 2010

Super Easy Stars & Stripes Cake!

I'm becomming quite the little Betty Crocker I must say.

Last night I made a Stars and Stripes Cake for our cabin festivities this weekend. I think it turned out pretty cute ... and hope it tastes even better!


What You'll Need:
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
3 Eggs
1/3 Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Water
1 Tub Cool Whip
2 Packs of Strawberries
1 Pack of Blueberries
9x13 Cake Pan

Directions:
1. Bake the cake according to the directions on the back of the box.

2. Spread the icing generously over the cake.

3. In the top left-hand corner of the frosted cake, arrange the blueberries into an outline of a rectangle. Press the berries down into the frosting. Fill the blueberry outline in with the remaining blueberries.

4. Place strawberry halves cut-side down in rows going across the cake horizontally.

5. Serve any leftover berries with the sliced cake and ice cream.

Recipe credit: www.allrecipes.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed : ) After 5 years of marriage I still haven't got the cooking gene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed : ) After 5 years of marriage I still haven't got the cooking gene.

    ReplyDelete