Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Retail Therapy

I've had a bad string of luck with shoes lately. First, the heel of my boot broke at work the other day and I was forced to hobble around the rest of the day with this:


Not cool. Not cool at all.

Now, my go-to pair of comfy black kitten heels has been worn down to the metal heel. All the slipping and sliding they cause me to do down the hallways is nothing short of a safety hazard!

So I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon shopping for shoes online and found a few pairs I'm excited to arrive on my doorstep!

First, I bought two pairs of kitten heels for work. I like the Madden Girl heels because they're comfortable and give enough height in a heel without being too over-the-top for work. Considering I'm not even suppose to be wearing heels at work, I feel like this is all I can get away with.


Madden Girl Upscale Pump from DSW

Madden Girl Jazminee Vintage Pump from DSW

... and I treated myself to a cute new pair of boots for fall/winter. I haven't tackled the skinny leg jean craze yet (they look so weird on me!) but I can easily wear these with dresses or under my boot cut jeans and work pants.
Sam & Libby Profess Boot from DSW

DSW had some great deals on shoes. I got $10 off just for leaving a comment on the pair of broken heel boots and they always offer free shipping on purchases over $35. That qualifies for practically every pair! I feel a little ornery for buying three pairs of shoes this week (eeek!) but every girl deserves a treat once in a while, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment