Saturday, October 30, 2010

Date Night: Pumpkin Carving

October has flown by in a whirlwind and I found myself questioning Andi last week about his plan for our monthly date night. If you'll remember, he gifted me a year of monthly date nights -- all planned and paid for by him -- for our one year anniversary. In August, he took me to the Pizza Farm and last month to The Strip Club. With only a few days left in the month, I was determined to hold him to his commitment. Those nights are, after all, my favorite date of the month because it's quality uninterrupted time with my honey.

Andi marked Wednesday, October 27 on the calendar and told me to plan to dress casually and keep an open mind. "Are we going rock climbing or something?" I said with a wrinkled face. He shook his head no and said I'd have to wait and see.

When Wednesday morning rolled around, Andi forwarded me an email from an old boss of ours who was in town for only one night - Wednesday. He invited Andi to a working dinner and it's really something Andi can't turn down. I completely understood. Date night cancelled.

We rescheduled date night for last night and in Andi's words, he "dug himself out of the doghouse" by inviting me to an evening of carving pumpkins at home. I was more than happy for the change in plans as I'd begged him to carve pumpkins with me for two weeks! It was the perfect date night in my opinion.




No comments:

Post a Comment