Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Progressive Dinner

Last year, Andi's family started a new Christmas tradition: a progressive holiday dinner. Andi's mom had the idea because she wanted to see both Lindsay's and our houses all lit up and decorated for Christmas. We choose the Wednesday before Christmas for this year's dinner and planned a meal, just for our immediate family.

I first learned of progressive dinners after I moved to Minnesota and I think they're the neatest idea. We start at Lindsay's house for appetizers and cocktails. This year, she made Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts, Brie with Hot Raspberry Sauce and Virgin Pomegranate Bellinis. Then we drove over to our house for Cheese Fondue with steak, zucchini, squash, potatoes, cauliflower, portobello mushrooms, asparagus and bread. I also made a Spinach Pomegranate Salad for a side.

I asked Andi to take a picture of my "tablescape" and he nearly died from laughter. He couldn't believe I called it that. But doesn't anyone else watch Sandra Lee's show on the Food Network? That's what it's called!

I think it looks pretty, don't you?

--- All set! Let's head over to Lindsay's house ----

Lindsay's appetizer spread

Lindsay's Christmas Tree

Hanging out at Lindsay's


The family

--- On to our house ----


Our Christmas Tree

Presents under the tree

Getting everything ready for dinner
I love this Christmas tradition because it's a great way to kick off our Christmas festivities and it's fun to entertain at all our houses. I hope we carry it forward for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment