Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Currently In ...

Current Books: This month I read The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and The Art of Racing in the Rain. The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo was a slow start, but I'd heard so many amazing things about this series that I kept plugging along. Eventually, it got much better and turned out to be a really good murder mystery. I just bought the 2nd book - The Girl Who Played With Fire - today so I'll have something to read over the winter holiday. On the plane ride home from Europe, I also read The Art of Racing in the Rain which is very similar to Marley and Me. It's told from a dog's perspective and he (the dog) talks about all the things that happen over his lifetime. Any animal lover will love this book and it had me tearing up at several points. The only thing I didn't like about it was the continual references and comparisons to racing because I know nothing about racing (and don't really care to). I had a hard time following those sections but otherwise, a great read.

Current Play List: I'm still loving Country this month (I'm not sure what's gotten into me!) and I've of course been listening to lots of Christmas music.

Current Guilty Pleasure: I made some homemade Chex Mix for the holidays (3 Ziploc freezer bags full) and I've eaten 1 1/2 bags by myself already. It's so good that I crave it in the morning when I wake up. Isn't that horrible? When we were little, my mom would make homemade Chex Mix during the holidays and you'd have to hurry up before it was gone. I think now that it's mine and I made it in my house, I have this obsession with scarfing it down before anyone else has a chance. I have a Chex Mix eating disorder.

Current Color: I bought this really cool green glass bottle in France and I love it. Also, love all the red Christmas decorations in my house this month.

Current Drink: I did a complete 180 this month and drank lots of Diet Coke, Red Bull and wine. It turns out, depriving myself of caffeine and alcohol last month wasn't such a good idea. Maybe January will be better.

Current Food: While we were traveling in Paris this month, I ate the most delightful croissants EVER. They were warm and flaky and buttery and just perfect. I saw on Oprah's Favorite Things show the next day she gave her audience Williams-Sonoma Mini Croissants and she said she'd never had croissants this good except in Paris. Which makes me think I need to order some of these croissants right away. I would seriously pay $40 for croissants. I'm that addicted now.

Current Favorite Shows: First let me say what a smart history buff I was when we traveled to London last week. After watching (very dutiful, I might add) the entire Tutors series I knew every inch of history about King Henry XIII. Who says watching T.V. isn't good for you? This month, I've mostly watched my sitcom shows like How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two and Half Men and Big Bang Theory.

Current Wish list: I wish I had a new pair of boots to wear with my skinny jeans. I down right ruined my favorite pair of gray ones during our Europe trip.

Current Needs: Need "laser sharp focus" (ha ha, that's such a corporate term) to stay on task at work this month. Between vacation last week and the holidays coming up, the last thing I feel like doing at work is WORKING. Must.Stay.Focused.

Current Triumphs: I finished all my Christmas shopping, wrapping and baking before we left for Europe and I'm so glad I did. Coming home yesterday and reacclimating to everything would have been tough with Christmas only a few days away. Now I can relax and finish planning our family Christmas dinner on the 23rd.

Current Bane Of My Existence: The SNOW! I hate winter and driving around in all this stuff. I'm lazily dreaming of the cabin in the summertime.

Current Celebrity Crush: I was following any stars in London or Paris this month in a vain attempt that I MIGHT see one. But, alas, I did not. Kim Kardashian, Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera were all there.

Current Indulgence: Online shopping has been an indulgence this month. Where to you draw the line for Christmas shopping? I think my problem is, I shop and finish early and then ponder for weeks what other gifts I should buy. Do they need more? Was I fair enough? Better buy, buy, buy, more!

Current Blessing: Andi and I are truly blessed to be able to travel and see the world. I thought about that as we were gazing at the Eiffel Tower last week. I've always wanted to see it, and there I was standing before it. So fortunate to have those opportunities.

Current Outfit: I loved my skinny jeans when I was over in Europe. I found another pair at Target for $10 and they looked great with all my different outfits. I think I'll stock up on a few more pairs for the holidays.

Current Excitement: Christmas is almost here! We are celebrating the holiday with Andi's family this year in the Twin Cities and then flying home to Nebraska over New Year's to celebrate with my family. I'm so excited to see everyone. Just like the song says, it's the best time of the year.

Current Mood: Anxious for the holidays and to spend time with family and friends.

Current Link: I used www.shutterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment