Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Food Diary: Day 3

Busy day today!

I woke up around 7:00am and thankfully, I slept better last night than I did the night before. I saw the church peddler who came to my door on Monday night - the one who had me so freaked out someone was going to break into our house that I couldn't sleep a wink Monday night. He was walking house to house with another lady on the next block over so I'm pretty sure he wasn't the boogyman I thought he was. Whoops. Whatever happened to the days when we just trusted people, you know? Anyway, I slept much better last night and woke up fairly rested. Poured myself a typical bowl of cereal and paired it with a side of fruit.

BREAKFAST
Lucky Charms with organic milk and a side of cantaloupe

Lots of meetings at work today. My first one was a beverage meeting and one of the reps brought free samples of the new Odwalla plant bottles. They're made of 100% plant material, just in time for Earth Day on April 22. I grabbed the Strawberry C Monster juice and paired it with a bunch of grapes for a mid-morning snack once I got back to my office. 

MID-MORNING SNACK
Odwalla Strawberry C Monster and grapes

An hour or two later, I met a few co-workers at a campus food court for lunch and baby talk filled our conversation. Sometimes I feel guilty for consuming every discussion with that topic, but I actually think people love to talk about babies and tell you their own birth/labor/kid stories. I'm even amazed at how many men at work ask me questions about my pregnancy. I guess there's something about kids that sparks interest in everyone.

For lunch, I ordered a Baja Sol Taco Salad with Chicken (which I ate half of because, um, it's huge) and a bottle of water.

LUNCH
Baja Sol Taco Salad with chicken and a liter of water

After lunch, we all attended an awards banquet for some employees. A few co-workers and I decided we deserved a little afternoon treat afterwards. One of the best perks of my job is all the foods we have available to eat around us. We stopped at Jamba Juice and I tried one of their new Fruit and Veggie Smoothies - the Orange Carrot Karma which had orange juice, carrot juice, mangos and bananas in it. It was REALLY good. Perfect addition to the awesome sunny afternoon we had today.

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
Orange Carrot Karma Smoothie

After work, Chloe and I went to my friend Val's house for dinner and a walk. It's been a few weeks since I've seen her and her baby boy and we had a great time catching up! I picked up Jimmy John's sandwiches for us for dinner and brought them over with me. A club sandwich for her and tuna sandwich for me. I ate half at dinner and the other half for my bedtime snack around 9pm (not pictured).

DINNER
Jimmy John's Tuna Sandwich (tuna, lettuce, cucumbers, sprouts and tomato), bbq chips and a lemonade 
Before you all comment about how preggo ladies aren't suppose to eat sprouts, let me stop you. I know .... but seriously, all the rules? I just can't follow them all. I ate sprouts today and I know I'm not suppose to, but I don't do it very often. Don't shoot me.

Val and I took her baby and the pooches (her German Shepard, Hank, and my little Yorkie-girl) for a walk around her neighborhood after dinner. We were quite the bunch. I could barely get my non-maternity jacket zipped over my voluptuous chest and growing belly and she had her hands FULL with a jogging stroller and a giant dog. The dogs had forgotten all walking manners since last summer. Both of them were barking at other dogs, cats and squirrels as we passed by. I think we were stopped more than walking forward between both dogs sniffing smells and doing their business. It sure was nice to get outside though!

Thoughts on food intake today? Not the best, but not the worst. I notice when I substitute other beverages (such as juice or lemonade today) throughout the day, I drink less water. Today I only had 74oz of water which is almost half of Monday and Tuesday's intake. Tomorrow I'll work on drinking more water for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment