Sunday, April 17, 2011

Snow, Schmo

It snowed in Minnesota this weekend. In mid-April. What they say is true - winter just doesn't want to leave this year.


My poor tulips and day lilies had already started to sprout out of the ground. I wondered if I should've covered them with a blanket or bucket like my grandma does, but I never got around to it. Here's hoping they still bloom. I think everyone could use the burst of spring color after this low-blow weather pattern.


No snow is going to stop us from dreaming about summer! We went out this weekend and bought a boat. Whoo!

Late Friday night in the rain turn to sleet, we met a friend of Andi's whom we bought the boat from. And Saturday morning, we drove over to the storage space again to meet up with our friends Ellie and Derrick to celebrate. They surprised us with champagne (for them) and orange juice (for me) and we toasted to the start of an awesome summer ahead.


Love this one of Ellie all bundled up inside the boat. She's a San Diego girl at heart and to her point, what is up with this weather?


Our new boat is a 2006 24' Tige. Andi's taking it to be wrapped in a new color design this week. I suggested red and black with a big Husker "N." Andi condescendingly said he's add it to one of the options. (I think that means he doesn't agree with my suggestion).

Over breakfast this morning, I asked Andi when he realistically thinks we'll be wakeboarding. May 1st he said.

Thankfully, this year I have a viable excuse as to why I'm NOT getting in the water on May 1. Move over ice chunk, my wakeboard is coming through! But for all of you out there who'll be ready to boat in two weeks, you know where we'll be...

No comments:

Post a Comment