Friday, April 8, 2011

Food Diary: Day 5

Are ya'll still there? Yes? 

Wow, then I have to apologize. I never realized how boring my food intake really is. Water, tuna sandwiches, chips and cereal. Done. What a snooze-fest I am.

My 5th day of this little project really proved no different. I woke up around 7am and poured myself a bowl of cereal. Today was Oatmeal Crisp. Shakin' it up over here! 

BREAKFAST
Oatmeal Crisp cereal and organic milk


At work today, I spent most of the day catching up on office stuff. I felt really thirsty around 10am, but I was also lazy and couldn't motivate myself to get up and fill my red cup with water down the hall. I selected an Odwalla Blueberry C Juice from the office fridge instead.

MID-MORNING SNACK
Odwalla Blueberry Juice

Lunch completely snuck up on me until one of my interns offered to run down to the food court and bring us back something to eat. I was all "uh, uh, I don't know what I want" and defaulted to a tuna sandwich again. It's either that or a burger or Mexican and I felt like it was the "healthier" of the options at hand. A complete lunch FAIL though. I am officially over tuna sandwiches now. Four this week is just too much. 

LUNCH
Tuna salad on croissant with lettuce and tomato, side of homemade chips and water

I worked the remainder of the day and then met up with my friend Kristin. We took Chloe for a walk around my neighborhood area and then went to dinner at a local bar/restaurant called Plum's. The menu was basically that - bar food. We both ordered a cheeseburger and fries (uber healthy!) and I ate almost all of mine. The burger was hot and juicy; fries crisp and extra salty. What I REALLY wanted was a Miller Lite or a Sam Adams Summer Ale but instead I stuffed my face with a burger.
  
DINNER
Cheeseburger with ketchup and pickle and a side of French fries with Ranch dressing

I drank 132oz. of water again today (4 liters) but I had a serious case of acid reflux after my lunch today. I've never really had that before, but it had to be what it was. It felt like my throat was burning every time I took a drink of water. Ick. Pregnancy symptom or my body rejecting the massive tuna overload? I'm not sure, but I didn't love it.

No bedtime snack for me tonight. Still pretty stuffed from my juicy burger. 

I find it interesting how repetitive my meal selections are during the day. I'm planning to document my food diary through the weekend to see how they change on Saturdays and Sundays. 

I don't know if this little project is helping me make healthier choices for the baby anymore. It's become less about pregnancy weight gain which was my reasoning in doing it in the first place. I'm happy I'm less spazzy about it; this little weekly project has diverted my attention. We'll see how it all turns out ...

No comments:

Post a Comment