Sunday, April 10, 2011

Food Diary: Day 7

Last day! I have to admit, I'm sort of glad. The luster of documenting my food intake and aiming to make healthier choices in doing so has lost its appeal. The last few days I feel like I'm eating whatever I want and just taking pictures of it. Weekends are hard as it is, here's the last day ...

Andi and I went to church this morning so I didn't have a chance to eat a real breakfast. I grabbed a Special K Strawberry granola bar (not pictured) on the way out the door. We stopped at Caribou Coffee on the drive over to church. Andi ran inside and brought be back a decaf cappuccino. It was delish.

BREAKFAST
Decaf Cappuccino

It was about 11:15 when church ended and I was starving. We came home and Andi broke out his new power washer to see what I was doing wrong yesterday. It turns out, all I needed to do was hit the reset button on the power adapter and it would have worked. Stupid boy tools, sometimes I'm so frustrated when I try to use lawn equipment or power tools and I can't figure them out by myself. Why is that? Why do girls have to rely on boys sometimes?

Anyway, while Andi was power washing the back deck, I made cheese quesadillas with homemade guacamole, sour cream and queso cheese. Andi and I ate lunch on our patio deck for the first time this spring and it was magical. Today is was warm and humid in the Twin Cities and we were both in heaven!

LUNCH
Cheese quesadilla with homemade quesadilla, sour cream, chips and queso

And and I worked on spring cleaning projects all afternoon. We cleaned out the garage, power washed the deck (which actually took some of the stain off - oops!) and I spring cleaned the front porch as well. All that's left is yard cleanup in the front and we'll be ready for summer! I am seriously so sore and tired after two whole days working outdoors. I forget how tiring that is normally, and at 20 weeks pregnant it's even more exhausting. I can barely stand up tonight so I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring.

Somewhere between lunch and dinner, I also had a few handfuls of chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds and one Reese's peanut butter cup. (not pictured)

Later this afternoon we brought our vehicles down to an auto detailing shop in St. Paul. Then we came home and took Chloe for a walk around the neighborhood before starting dinner. Andi cooked tonight while I gave Chloe a bath. He made grilled chicken, grilled artichokes, green beans and broccoli. It was really good - love grilling! I also had a mini ice cream sandwich for dessert (not pictured).

DINNER
Chicken, artichokes, green beans, broccoli and lemonade


I was full after dinner, but Andi broke out the Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream and I, of course, had to have a few bites. It's so dang good, I probably could have eaten half the pint by myself before Andi cut me off. 

SNACK
Fatty-fat ice cream
Back on the healthy foods train tomorrow... somewhere in the mix of the weekend, I stuffed myself full of more candy and ice cream than I did all week. I also didn't drink as much water today - about 62 oz. -  so I'll be focusing on that this week as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Where did you take your car? How much did it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lindsay - Downtower Car Wash off I-94 and Mound Blvd. I think it was about $35 for the "deluxe" inside and out but I'm not for sure ... Andi paid.

    ReplyDelete