Thursday, June 23, 2011

Celebrating Two Years

Two years. Seven-hundred and thirty days.

Next month, Andi and I will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been so long, and yet I can hardly remember a time we weren't husband and wife. Crazy how two married people really do become one.

Last year, we took an amazing trip to Vancouver to celebrate our first anniversary. It was one of our favorite trips yet; we relaxed along the Sunshine Coast, ate lots of yummy food and stayed in a fabulous bed and breakfast overlooking the water. And while we'd love to take another trip this year to celebrate two years together, we're limited by my pregnancy. I'll be 22 days from my due date, unable to fly and unwilling to be within driving distance from our hospital.

We were thinking about booking a bed and breakfast around the Twin Cities for the weekend and taking advantage of the time to relax and reconnect before the baby arrives, but now it seems we'll be moving to a new house instead. I need every last second to organize our new house before the baby arrives, but I also don't want to overlook our anniversary. Two years is a special milestone and I want to make sure we celebrate it.

Here are my small-scale celebratory ideas:
  • Dinner at NorthCoast Restaurant (the place we ate following our wedding)
  • A night's stay at W Hotel (the place we stayed on our wedding night)
  • Spa appointment at Ivy Hotel
  • Spend the morning at the Farmer's Market
  • Walk around Noerenberg Gardens (the place we got married)
  • Get pedicures together (well, I'd like one ... we could do this as a couple, right!)
  • Go furniture shopping 
Any other "small-scale" anniversary celebration ideas? I'd prefer things that don't center around booze (because I can't drink any) or activities that aren't too intensive (I'll be 9 months pregnant, remember). Shout your ideas my way!

2 comments:

  1. We are in the same boat! I am anxious to hear everyones ideas : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmers Market, breakfast, IMAX?

    Pay for a tour of the Twin Cities?

    ReplyDelete