Friday, June 24, 2011

Spin for the Win?

Do you own a Salad Spinner?

Friends, I do not. I've always thought they were one of those silly kitchen gadgets you don't really need and just take up cabinet space. But now we're receiving a BOATLOAD of leafy lettuces in our CSA box every week, I'm starting to think a salad spinner wouldn't be such a bad investment. I find myself spreading a long row of paper towels on the counter top and patting down lettuces until I just can't dry them anymore.

Do you have a favorite model?

I am eyeing up this one on Amazon.
Think it's worth the purchase? And more importantly, the precious cabinet space?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE mine. I'm not sure what brand it is but I bought it for $8 at HarMar Home Goods store. Do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How random - guess what I happened to buy today? A salad spinner! I had a Macy's g.c. so I went with a collapsible Martha's Stewart version (not so cheap at $30, but hey - gift card!). Might be worth it if you don't have the cabinet space, but I bet that won't be a problem out in the burbs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents had one for a while they used when I was growing up. It makes the lettuce much more crisp and less soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's settled. I'm buying one :)

    ReplyDelete