Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mommy Gifts

Push presents.

What did your hubby spoil you with after you carried his child for 10+ months and painfully delivered that child from your body?

Andi made me this:



He had my baby blog, Baby In The Bubble, made into a keepsake hard-cover book. I love it, I really do. It'll be an awesome token of memories for Tory to read someday and a place for me to relive all the highs and lows of my pregnancy.

While the book shines, it doesn't "sparkle" so I've also been eyeing one of these: stackable birthstone rings. A Mother's Day present, perhaps?


Tory's birthstone is the Peridot (light green stone) and the idea is to add a ring for each subsequent child. I think it's a cool way to honor each baby without being too birthstone tacky. I'm not a big birthstone fan ... unless it's a done in a cool way, of course. 

What other cool "mommy gifts" have you seen or received?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those birthstone rings! I'm not huge on birthstone type things either, but for my first mother's day, I did get a mother-daughter necklace with Allie's birthstone as the stone. It was simple and pretty and not really a birthstone type thing. Where did you find those rings? I tried googling and the ones I see aren't as pretty as those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pet peeve - you are pregnant for 9 months. In your case, 9 months and one week. Your last monthly period and your due date are likely nearly exactly 9 months and maybe 3-4 days apart. Even if you go by weeks, each month has ~4.5 weeks in it, adding up to 9 months again. Plus you aren't really pregnant for the first 2 weeks anyway. End of rant :)

    Anyyyway, I never got a technical push present, but my husband also turned my blog into a book for me, of Annie's weekly and monthly updates. It was a total surprise, and isn't really like him, so I was shocked - definitely the best gift I've ever received!

    I'm not sure into rings, but those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a cute pearl/diamond necklace for my first and a mommy ring with both boys birthstones for the second... their birthstones are diamond and ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snowpeas - I added the link to the rings in the post. I was searching for various ideas and found them online, but would probably take the pic to a local jeweler to see if they could get something similar. Not sure if the link is a quality company or not :)

    Erin - You're right - I stand corrected!

    Jessica - Diamond and ruby birthstones for your kiddos? Sounds like you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Good call on trying a local jeweler! I definitely think these are in my future, love the idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially since upon further review, my ring size isn't available :( Guess I have tiny skeletal fingers or something?

    ReplyDelete