Monday, October 10, 2011

Things I Love: Newborn Baby Edition

It seems like everyone I know is either trying to become pregnant or currently expecting. Prior to having a baby myself, I often bought baby items I thought were newborn baby essentials for the mama-to-be, but now I know there are a few items I couldn't live without. Here are some of my most utilized and/or favorite baby items thus far:

- USEFUL -
Boppy Pillow
No item do I use more than my Boppy pillow. It's an awesome compliment to nursing (and therefore used every few hours, every single day) but also helpful for daddy when feeding Tory a bottle too. The only thing I wish I would've received (and ended up buying myself) are additional covers for my Boppy so I can rotate and wash them regularly.

Summer Infant Swaddle Wraps
Before I became a parent myself, I always heard swaddling a baby helped them sleep so much better. And I loved the cuteness factor of Swaddle Designs or similar blankets. I even purchased a few for friends and family members who had babies. But since becoming a mama, I realized my very favorite swaddle blankets were Summer Infant Swaddle Wraps. These stay in place and Tory seems to really find security in being swaddled in them too (even though my mom refers to them as a straight jacket!). Best of all, she SLEEPS better with them vs. wrapped in a standard receiving blanket.

Receiving Blankets
Speaking of blankets, I'm not sure you can ever have enough. We go through TONS of them on a weekly basis because I like to change them out to match her different outfits or if we've been out and about when them (to eliminate germs, etc). I especially like these thermal ones from Gerber, although they've shrunk quite a bit in size since being washed a few times. I also like these Carters stretchy ones, which are nice for swaddling.

Carter's Brand Pajamas
Sure, baby jeans and frilly dresses are cute, but the best clothing I've received are Carter's brand pajamas. Most days, we're hanging out at home and I dress Tory in these sleepers because they seem to fit her body the best. If you were laying around and napping all day, wouldn't you want to hang out in something comfy too?

Little Bamboo Hooded Towel
There's nothing better than wrapping your squiggly little baby in a towel soooo soft to the touch. Plus, it holds up in the wash. 'Nuff said.

Summer Infant Video Monitor
Nothing soothes a worried first-time mama's nerves more than being able to watch her baby sleep. While the picture on this monitor may be reminiscent of the Blair Witch Project (thanks for the spooky ghost reference, Lindsay), it helps me know what she's up to in her nursery. It's stopped me from going into there many times when I think she's awake (based on the squeaking sounds she's making) only to realize she's still fast asleep.

-------

- HEARTFELT -
I'm a sucker for personalized gifts and three of my favorites we received are:

Personalized Baby Bible
It's a perfect keepsake and something unique, just for her. The bible cover is a soft pink leather and personalized with her name and birthday. So cute.

Personalized Blanket
My cousin Tara gifted Tory a personalized baby blanket from The Blanket Lady. It's absolutely adorable with her name repeated all throughout. I also love its softness and thickness.

Personalized Frame(s)
Tory received this personalized frame and another one similar to this as gifts. I think they're so special because they're especially made for her. Perfect for her nursery.

3 comments: