Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nana and Papa Visit

As much as I love living in the Twin Cities, I hate how many miles there are between my parents and I. No matter how many visits we plan, it never seems like enough time together. Fortunately, life is busy with holidays, birthdays and family get-togethers, we usually see each other every month or two.

On Friday afternoon, my parents and niece Brooke drove up from Nebraska for the weekend. They arrived around 8pm, just in time to get a few snuggles in with Tory before bedtime. I was so excited for them to see how much she's grown since their last visit in August.

When we originally planned this weekend visit, my parents were going to watch Tory for us while we went to the Nebraska vs. Gopher football game. But, as luck would have it, we didn't get tickets. It turned out better that way anyway; I loved having the time to spend with my family.



It's adorable to see Brookie and Tory together. Brooke felt so proud to hold her, asking us a million times if she was holding her correctly. Awesome for my mom to see her grand-childen together for the very first time.

Andi took Brookie outside to run off some energy and snapped some great shots of this spunky girl!



It's taken me all these years to realize my parents do not want a whirlwind tour of Minnesota when they come to visit. There's far too little time on their weekend trips to squeeze in activities all over the city. This weekend, we never even left the house - except for a quick trip to Target (because there's always time for that!). We also stopped at the new FroYo shop by our house for a little Saturday evening treat. Brookie loved customizing her own bowl.

My heart always hurts BIG TIME after a visit from my family. It gets easier with time, and soon it'll be time to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment