Monday, March 25, 2013

A Weekend with Internet Friends

If you're not a blogger, you probably think meet up with an in-real-life stranger / Internet friend is crazy. Honestly though, it's very similar to Internet "friend dating" because you know a heck of a lot about someone you've never actually met face to face. (Not that I've participated in any sort of Internet meeting-up, but I assume it'd be a similar thing). Regarding blogging friends, it's surprisingly not awkward once a real-life meeting takes place. In the past year, I've become great friends with people I only knew existed on the opposite side of the Internet.

When Andi told one of his long-time friends we were going to the cabin with "Heather's Internet friends" this weekend, it probably made me sound like a giant loser. But hey, it can't be worse than the time I flew half-way across the country to meet up with 50 blogging strangers, could it? That didn't seem weird to me and neither did inviting my new friend Jodi from Raising Snowpeas to enjoy a weekend at one of my favorite places on Earth.

Jodi wrote her own thoughts on visiting our cabin here. I can say I honestly wasn't nervous for her family to hang out with us for the weekend one bit. I know Jodi and I get along great and we're both very similar when it comes to planning meals and hanging out. Our kids get along great together and I know Tory would love having Allie and Jake at the cabin. The only wild card was our husbands and fortunately, mine can get along with just about anyone. It turns out, Jodi's husband is the same way.


 
Jodi and Jake

Snowpeas snowman building


We spent our weekend at the cabin playing with the kids and lounging around. My husband is always itching for a little adventure, so he took Jodi's husband on an ice fishing trip for a few hours on the lake. We made yummy meals and relaxed in the evenings after the kids went to bed.

My girl loves to sled

Aren't these two just the cutest?


The only thing that would have made the weekend better is if it was summer and we could've gone for boat rides, had a bonfire and played in the lake. Guess we'll have to invite the Snowpeas up for a weekend repeat!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! I wish I had blog friends who lived closer so I could see some of them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I'm a bit jealous, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love that you've made some blogger friends that are fun enough to hang with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for having us, it was a really fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete