Thursday, March 28, 2013

Things I Love: Toddler 15-18 Months Edition

I'm continually amazed how blips in time fly by at record speed since Tory entered our lives. I suppose time always marched on, but I'm surely more aware of how different our lives seem to fly by as directed by a growing (infant, now) toddler.

The 15-18 month stage is my favorite, favorite, favorite by far. Suddenly, there's a new sheriff in town with her own opinions on what cups, plates and bibs to use and most certainly in clothing, blankets and toddler gadgets. Some of our old tried-and-true kid stuff is still in the mix, but I've also discovered some new things the last few months that have made our lives much easier.


-USEFUL -
Aden + Anais Cozy Slumber Four Layer Sleeping Bag
The Aden + Anais sleep sack has been on my "things I love" list since the beginning, but this winter I discovered the Cozy Slumber Four Layer Sleeping Bag and it's quickly become my favorite product. Tory still wears a sleep sack at naps and bedtime, partly because she's quite the climber and I'm confident she'd learn to monkey right out of her crib if her legs weren't contained, and also because I worry about her sleeping uncovered in the night. She has the coldest bedroom in the house and I want to make sure she says warm and snuggly (and sleeping!) through the night.

The Aden + Anais sleep sacks / sleeping bags are very durable and actually become softer the more times you wash them. I have two Cozy Slumber Four Layer Sleeping Bags in rotation because inevitably, one is in the wash due to a leaky diaper, poop, puke, etc. What makes this sleeping bag better than the cotton sleep sacks is the four layers of warmth it provides without causing overheating.

Bumkins Bibs
Tory is quite insistent on wearing a bib during meal times (hallelujah for protecting her clothes!) and the older she's gets, the more I've grown to love the Bumkins Bibs. I remember people telling me about these bibs months ago when Tory first started solid foods, but for us they never caught all the food she was dropping and therefore, didn't cut down on the mess. Back then, I liked the Tommee Tippee bibs much better. Now that Tory can efficiently feed herself (as in, most of the food on her spoon actually makes it to her mouth), the trough-like function of the Tommee Tippee bib isn't necessary. The Bumkins Bibs provide a nice shield on the front of her shirt to combat food splatters and I like how small they fold so I can toss one in my purse if we're going out to eat.

Columbia Snowsuit and Fleece Jacket
We purchased these two items for Tory during the winter that just wouldn't end (aka: winter 2012-13) and I have to say, we got our money's worth. I have been so pleased with the quality and warmth the fleece jacket (Tory's everyday coat) and snowsuit (Tory's heavier winter coat on blustery days and/or snowsuit for playing outside) provided. I've washed the fleece jacket numerous times and it's still held its shape and color perfectly. The snow suit is easy for Tory to move around in and protected her perfectly through all our winter outdoor adventures.


-FAVORITE TOYS / GIFTS -
Tea Set
Tory received this tea set from my parents at Christmas and she's played with it non-stop ever since. The tea pot makes a "pouring sound" she finds very life-like and therefore, our tea cups are never empty.

Baby Dolls
We have our share of baby dolls in this household and surprisingly, they are receive equal amounts of love from Tory. We have several versions of this cheap Target baby doll and they've held up well to her continual playing. The legs, arms and head also wipe clean easily.

Doll Stroller
No baby doll would be complete without a doll stroller! Tory received this one at Christmas from Andi's Grandma and she plays with it constantly. It's more sturdy than some of the other ones I've seen in stores, but probably wouldn't be sturdy enough for a baby who's just learning to walk on their own. For Tory's age and skill set, this doll stroller fits the bill.

2 comments:

  1. We have that tea set and both kids LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove Bumpkins bibs! Both my kids were terrible about keeping their bibs on though and stopped wearing them around 12 months or so...booooo!
    Tea parties and baby dolls are the story of my life, lol! It will be fun to see if our little guy enjoys "boy toys" or will like dress up and dolls like his sisters. Maybe he will get them interested in cars and trains, who knows!!

    ReplyDelete