Tuesday, September 29, 2009

EWLW

Yesterday was the 3rd Annual Eat Well, Live Well event at work. We started this event three years ago to showcase our health & wellness and sustainability programs on campus. Often times, we have relationships with vendors and farmers on the 'back side' ... where as, customers only see the food displayed before them for purchase. This event helps connect the grower / provider to the consumer.

I remember the first EWLW event and how much work it was. I remember how tired my feet were at the end of the day and how overwhelmed I felt as we threw the whole thing together in 3 weeks. At the start of school (the busiest time of the year).

Yesterday, I couldn't help but laugh to myself as the event wrapped without the smallest bump in the road. Legs were still tired, but I wasn't exhausted. Funny how 3 years under your belt at a job + the opening of a football stadium (and 15 hour work days) will change your perspective on a situation.

I'll post some photos of the event as soon as I get them back from my intern photographer. I would estimate we had 4,000+ students, staff and faculty attend which in my book = success.

No comments:

Post a Comment