Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MD White Trash Party

It's no shock to those who know me, I don't exactly know my way around the kitchen. I do okay following a recipe but I lack the natural cooking instincts (or maybe patience?) some people like my mom possess. She can never quite tell me what the ingredients in my favorite recipes are (eh, I don't know ... you'll just have to taste it as you're making it, she says) - not as easy as you think Mom! True signs of a great cook.

To take some pressure off, I'm trying to plan menus ahead of time to help myself "research" foods I'll need to make over the weekend. One of the other girlfriends, Danielle, is going to be a big help this summer. She and I were brainstorming fun theme meals we could make. For Memorial Day weekend, we decided on a "white trash" theme...here's what we're planning to make:
  • Pulled Pork Sandwiches
  • Fruit Salad
  • Taco Salad
  • Baked Beans
  • Corny Macaroni (my aunt Cheri's famous casserole)
  • Little Smokies
  • Pinwheels
  • Hobo Potatoes (wrapped up in tinfoil on the grill)
  • Rice Krispie Treats
Glorious Internet comes in handy again ... I Googled white trash party ideas and found awesome ideas on this blog and a few other websites. I love the blow-up pool for beers and the outfits are truly inspirational (the trailer adds a nice backdrop, too). Sad thing is, I bet we all have something white trash laying around in our closets ... I have a camo skirt that'll be perfect! This weekend might also be my excuse to buy one of those cheap straw cowboy hats to sport. Andi'll have a cow :) Oh this should be fun ...

No comments:

Post a Comment