Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day @ the Cabin: Part 1

We are having an incredibly wonderful Memorial Day weekend with our friends at the cabin. As I said to Andi yesterday, this place is seriously like vacation. It's hard to believe we're in Minnesota .. and the best part is, we get to enjoy it all summer long.

I drove up Friday by myself (well, with Chloe actually) since Andi was already up here from his work's photo shoot the week prior. I unloaded my bags and since no one else was here yet, pulled a comfy lounger down by the lakefront to sit in the sun and read a magazine. The sun shined down on me and the sound of the lake instantly brought a sense of calmness. I. LOVE. THIS. PLACE.

Later on, Andi and his friend Brian arrived and then our friends Mason and Ericka. We ordered pizza from Rafferty's (my new pizza obsession - Chicken Alfredo pizza to die for) and played cards into the evening. Everyone was pretty tired from the work week, so we called it a night. Plenty of late nights ahead this weekend ...

Saturday Joe and Danielle, Joe's friend Matt, Brian's girlfriend Melissa and Andi's sister Lindsay and her boyfriend Chad arrived at the cabin. Saturday was a gorgeous day - gorgeous! - and we spent all day outside on the pontoon listening to music, laying out and fishing. Our small lake was actually pretty hoppin' with a good mix of people our age, some kids and some older folks too.

Mason, Matt and Joe fishing from the sandbar

Captain Andi
(a rare photo moment when he's NOT behind the camera)

Joe and Matt playing the Frisbee game

Brian and Melissa

We made kabobs for dinner last night, with Nebraska's own corny macaroni (my aunt Cheri's famous recipe), seven layer dip, fruit salad and strawberry pie for dessert.

The girls making dinner

Last night, we made a fire by the lake, drank some beers and played games. This is definitely the way summer is suppose to be ....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! I can't wait to come visit...wait, no, I can't wait to see you in less than two weeks!!! EEEK! But no, really, the cabin looks amazing. Any pink panty pull-downs yet or you saving that for a special fourth weekend? : )

    ReplyDelete