Monday, June 7, 2010

30 Days ... In a ROW?!

I started working out today. It's literally been A YEAR since I did anything remotely close to cardiovascular activity. I'm mean, sure, I've likely worked up a sweat in the last year by riding a bicycle or mowing the lawn but it's been 310 DAYS since I "worked out." 310.

I've noticed this summer my typical get skiny work out routine hasn't taken the same effect. I'm starting to get a little panicked that as I'm getting older, my body's not going to respond as quickly to changes as it has in the past. Couple that with the fact that I'd like to be giving birth in the next year or so and being in good shape will help me bounce back quicker, I figured it's about time to get a decent exercise routine in place.

So I came home from work today and immediately pulled out the lawn mower to quickly check that off my list. I'm one of those weird OCD people that likes to mow my lawn on the same day every week in the summer to make sure it's always in tip top shape. Drives me nuts when the grass gets any too long.

Anyway, after I finished the lawn and drug the sprinkler all around the yard, I popped in Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. So far, so good I'm thinking. I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack about half way in but another 10ish minutes and it was over. Short. To the point. Lots of variety. I might be able to stick to this one ... although 30 days in a row? Well, we'll see how it goes. I Neflix'd the DVD as a trial period. No need to COMMIT if I can't stick with it.

After my big work out, I hopped in the shower, went to the grocery store, made dinner for Andi and I, cleaned up dinner and did the dishes and finished my yard watering. I'm literally so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I actually feel like I accomplished something today.

We'll see how Day 2 goes ...

2 comments:

  1. The Shred gets better... but personally, I wanted to punch Jillian in the face when she's all "no phoning it in!" (Dear Jillian: Your entire life revolves around obtaining great abs. We get it.) If you get burned out on the Shred, try kettlebells. Same sort of quick powerful workout, but without Jillian. I have a new kettlebells DVD and will review it once I get two weeks in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip! I already found her butch voice ititating.

    ReplyDelete