Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Rainbow

More fun at the cabin with Andi's parents ...

Last night, the four of us went to a nice dinner at Norway Ridge Supper Club in Ideal Corners, Minnesota. (Isn't that the funniest name for a little country town)? Anyway, our dinner was so delicious; we stuffed ourselves silly. Andi and his parents each ordered scallops; I had the petit filet. Seriously the best meal we've had in a long time! My favorite parts (in no particular order):
  • Dinner salads were served with their own plate of crunchy toppings - bacon bits, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese. Genius I tell ya!
  • A girl like me likes a LOT of butter with her meal and thankfully there was an entire dish full of butter pads on our table. I never felt at a loss for butter and for my dining experience, that makes all the difference.
  • Mojitos with freshly picked mint - so yummy
The decor, however, was another story. This place was a spitting image of my great-grandma's house -- the smell of flowers and potporri was overwhelming. In fact, I held my breath when I went to the ladies room - it was that potent. Next to the restaurant was a little shop called the Kottage with knick-knacks and wreaths for sale. I found a sign there that'd be perfect for my mom - it said "Everyone has to believe in something ... I believe I'll open a bottle of wine." How cute is that?

After dinner, we came home and sat around the fire. It was lightly sprinkling so we "cheated" and lit the propane fire pit underneath the front porch awning. As we were sipping our after dinner cocktails, Andi noticed a rainbow over the lake. He grabbed the camera and we raced out to the dock as fast as we could. Look at this breathtaking view - have you ever seen a complete rainbow in your lifetime? Especially so perfectly shaped over our lake? So beautiful it didn't even seem real.


And just like that ... it was gone.

I think my favorite part of the cabin is discovering nature around us. Lord knows I've never been much of an outdoorsy girl, but something about this place forces you to sit back and breathe in the fresh, crisp air and listen deeply to the chirp of the birds.

Absolute bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment