Monday, June 22, 2009

Bridal Shower / Bachelorette

What a lucky girl I am!!
This weekend was my bridal shower / bachelorette party hosted by my best friend Ashley. We had a wonderful time, thanks to lots of planning and assistance from my girlfriends Ashley, Val and Julie.

Ashley themed the party around traveling since Andi and I have visited many places and are going to Thailand for our honeymoon. What a cute idea it was! She made dishes representing several places Andi and I have traveled including homeade salsa (Mexico), Sangria & fruit kabobs (Caribbean) and desserts (Panama). Then next to each dish, Ashley placed photos from each of our travels to those locations ... what a cute idea!!

Here are photos of the invites Ashley made:
A group photo of all of us:
We played a few bridal shower games including one where I had to put a piece of Bubble Yum bubble gum in my mouth everytime I answered a question incorrect about Andi. I had 10 pieces in my mouth! Check out this photo with a huge wad of gum in my mouth:

Then we opened gifts. I got a ton of cool travel stuff including games for the plane ride, an International Ettiqutte book, monogrammed luggage tags and a new tent!

After the bridal shower, we changed clothes and packed up our things for camping. Here's a few photos from evening:

Setting up the tent ...



Grilling hot dogs ...

Ashley & Val made Jell-O shots in syringes .. they were sooo good!

Thank you girlies for a wonderful bachelorette party! It was just what I wanted - a fun, safe night with my best girlfriends.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had A LOT of fun : ) Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete