Friday, June 12, 2009

I've Got the Fever

Despite my best attempts to keep it a far, I've got baby fever.
Andi: If you're reading, you might wanna turn away....sorry honey, I just can't escape it!

Today I visited a dear friend's house and met her little baby girl who's just a few weeks old. What a beautiful little one! Being around friends and co-workers' babies makes me want my own EVEN MORE than I did before!

My friend's recent pregnancy / birth has made me consider various types of birthing techniques. Her experiences with hynobirthing, doulas and midwifes has opened my eyes to all the ways to have a baby these days. I'm now considering a natural birth as well, which is something I never really thought about before. I feel empowered - like if she can do it, I can do it too! Listen to me ... it sounds like I'm pregnant ... and I'm not... but just thinking about the future.

As Andi reminds me, we have things to do before a little one is considered. And I agree - we do. Wedding this summer (check). Trip to Thailand for the honeymoon (check). Trip to Australia (2010?). And I do want to enjoy time with my new husband. And I will. I'm also looking forward to little miracles someday too.

2 comments: