Andi gave his dad a "father / son fishing day" as a present this year. Jim seemed so happy as they planned their day of fun together. After dinner, Jim showed us around his garden. He has such a green thumb! He's growing tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, beets, parsley, celery and asparagus this year. Here's a few pics of the proud farmer with his garden!
I'll celebrate Father's Day with my dad this weekend when Janie and I roadtrip down to Nebraska for the bridal shower. It's one of the hardest things about moving away from home - the inability to celebrate all the holidays with my family. But, it's great to have Andi's family so close - they're my second family and it's nice to celebrate with them whenever possible.
In honor of Father's Day, here's a few reasons I love my Dad:
- My dad's instilled a foundation of faith in my life. My Dad embodies what it is to live a Christian livestyle and has shown me how important it is to believe in God.
- My dad has a quiet, heartfelt personality. He's not the loudest in the group or most opinionated; my dad likes to observe and listen and always talks with such a calm, soothing voice. Thinking of him walking me down the aisle on my wedding day brings tears to my eyes... I can't wait to see his face that day. He'll be so proud.
- My dad talks celebrity gossip with me - how cool is that?
- My dad is well-rounded. He likes classical music, is worldly (he should have been a history teacher - he has soooo much knowledge), yet he's down-to-earth and appreciates the simple things in life.
- My dad is one of the most hard-working people I know. He's a perfectionist (we're so much alike this way) and he takes pride in everything he does.
- My dad's a great grandpa. He's so patient with Brookie. And he treats Chloe like she's the best doggie on earth. He'll be a wonderful papa to my children someday.
- My dad can fix anything. ANYTHING. I'm not sure how he knows, but he always has a solution to every problem, big or small.
- No matter what gift I give him, my dad always LOVES them! I bought him Netflix for Christmas and he still talks about how much he loves it!
Happy Father's Day Dad & Jim!