Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Planning 101

I'm pretty proud of myself for taking charge of our eating style around our home. If you'll remember, Andi and I made a commitment a few months back to eat more healthy foods, organic foods as well as meats produced in a more sustainable way. I've also taken the advice of my dietitan friend Laura to set a goal of at least 3 meals a week so Andi and I can focus on more homemade meals vs. eating what's most convenient.

The last few weeks I've purchased all my groceries from http://www.cobornsdelivers.com/ which helps me search for and purchase the groceries I need and not a lot of bad-for-you foods we don't. I've also been searching recipes online at http://www.allrecipes.com/ which helps me find recipes that use ingredients already in our cupboards.

This new system is really working for us, although I have to say, I've spent waaay more on groceries than I have in years! It's nice to have food in the cupboards though and as cheesy as it sounds, it makes me feel so good when Andi has all his favorite snacks to eat.

Here's what I have in store for this week:

Monday - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Tuesday - Broccoli Chicken Divan

Wednesday - Butternut Squash Ravioli

Thursday - Beef Stew

Friday - take-out

Saturday (my birthday and our Valentine's Day celebration!) - steak

Sunday - leftovers

I'm becomming quite the little wifey, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment