Monday, January 30, 2012

Letters to Tory: Five Months

Tory,

You're five months old! Days are quickly flying by us and with each one, Daddy and I are watching you grow into such a big girl. It's a beautiful gift to see the world blossom through your eyes.

You found your legs at 18 weeks old and a few days later, discovered your toes. More often than not, you've got those piggies in your mouth. You can't seem to get enough of them! Who knew feet could be so entertaining?


You're a big helper these days. The nanny tells us you've started to hold your own bottle and you love to help Mommy in the kitchen too. If I'm carrying you on my hip and a load of laundry with the other arm, you'll reach over and put your hand on the laundry, too. I laugh every time I fill up a water glass at the refrigerator door as you reach out to help me hold the cup there. I can't wait for the day we can bake cookies together or you can help me load the dishwasher. You're going to be mommy's little shadow, I just know it.

One of your favorite toys these days is the jumperoo. "She's going to love it!" Daddy kept saying. "It was my favorite toy when I was a baby!" he told me.

If you aren't just like your Daddy ...


Ha! That face. You LOVE the jumperoo. You'll spend 30 minutes in there (which feels like HOURS in baby time) jumping and squeaking and spinning. I love how excited you get when we say "kick, kick, kick" and you move your legs as fast as they'll go.

One of your biggest accomplishments this month was learning how to sit up on your own. At 20 weeks old, it took you exactly one afternoon to figure out how to balance yourself in a sitting position and you've been doing it like a pro ever since.

I watch you play and I'm amazed at how smart you are, little girl. You see a toy you want, purposefully reach out to grab it and bring it directly to your mouth. Sophie the Giraffe is one of your favorites and any kind of rattle. You haven't started teething yet, but you're becoming a slobber monster. Nana says your chin turns red from saliva, just the way mine did when I was your age.

You're a lot more interested in what we're doing at the dinner table these days, and reach out to grab our plates and silverware when we're trying to eat with you on our lap. At 21 weeks, we fed you rice cereal for the first time. Little Bean, you loved it! It's like you knew just what to do with a spoon and ate bite after bite we fed you.

With so many mental and physical milestones this month, I'm excited to see where you'll take us next. You truly are a blessing in our lives and we love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your photos, they are adorable (because Tory's in them) and so well taken by you! Congrats on the sitting, what a big girl to sit so early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is sitting so well! Charley can only prop herself up for a few seconds before toppling over. That's so exciting! And, am I a nerd for thinking of all of the new photo opportunities you have when they can sit!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a beauty!! I love all the photos - she is growing up so fast : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm did daddy come in your mouth baby girl mmmmmmmmm suck him real good

    ReplyDelete