Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sick Lil' Bug

Sleep training's on hold until further notice.

My little Tory Bean came down with her first cold yesterday and the poor girl is coughing and sneezing up a storm. I feel horrible for her, especially because she caught her cold from me. I did my best to wash my hands, disinfect our house and not breathe on her this week, but spreading germs is inevitable when I'm her primary caregiver.

Last night, I could hardly justify letting her soothe herself to sleep when she doesn't feel well. Plus, all I want to do is snuggle her and make her comfortable, even if that's all night long. Last night's sleep wasn't too bad all things considered. Typically, Tory usually takes a 20-minute nap around 5:30pm or 6:00pm or she's a complete mess by her 7:30pm bedtime so I upped our bedtime routine by an hour last night and she was asleep at 7:00pm. She was up at 11:30pm, 1:30am, 4:00am and 7:00am. Not awesome, but not as trying as her sleepless nights earlier this week.

For now, my biggest focus is helping Tory feel better. You can see it in her eyes ... she just doesn't feel her best.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Tory Bean, those nasty colds! As a parent you just feel so bad for your sick baby. When they are sick they just need to have mommy to hold them and make them secure. It tough on moms but it's even tougher on babies when they can't tell you what is wrong. Another reason to hold and cuddle our babies sick or not sick. Hope you and my Tory Bean are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try running a humidifier at night in her bedroom - that tends to help with colds since you cant give babies any medicine. Also - as painful as it is, the nasal aspirator and saline :)
    Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete