Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday Vaca: Day 1


… and we’re off! Andi and I left this morning for our mini-vaca to Southern California. I am so excited to see palm trees! And sidewalks! And celebrities! Oh my!

We’re staying in Huntington Beach tonight and San Diego tomorrow. I’m excited! I’ve been to the area for work but never for no-agenda-let’s-go-where-the-wind-takes-us play. Andi lived in Huntington Beach the year before we met and he says he’s excited to “show me his life out here.” I’m hoping that doesn’t mean he’s got another wife and kid out here hiding! I asked him if he every dreamed he’d be bringing his preggo wife back to his old stomping grounds. I can honestly say, I don’t think the thought had crossed his mind. Ha!

Today was also the first time in a looong time Andi and I refrained from our ritualistic airport stop to Ike’s for screwdrivers. Ike’s makes the best screwdrivers with freshly squeezed orange juice and we always make it a point to kick off our vacation with one (or two, or three ….) Today we buzzed right to our gate and I dreamed of a fresh fruit smoothie (because that’s how exciting my beverage intake has become these days). I also decided I’d treat myself to some tasty In N’ Out Burger – one of the few pregnancy perks of not worrying about your waistline!

Not sure what’s in store for Day 1. I got some crazy looks from friends and co-workers this week when I knew absolutely nothing about our upcoming trip. We’re staying at a trendy little surfer hotel on the beach tonight and venturing where the wind takes us tomorrow (likely to San Diego).

Before we left this morning, Andi gave me two of my birthday presents early. A new carrying case for my MacBook Air he found on Etsy (it’s super cute!) and a Goggie for Baby Dick. (Goggie was Andi’s favorite stuffed animal when he was a little kid). He researched and found the perfect Goggie for our little baby – a Yorkie pup that looks just like Chloe. Isn’t that the sweetest thing you’ve heard heard? I about melted right then and there.



Ok, off to grab some lunch by the beach! Check back to hear all about Day 1’s big adventures.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Heather!! I hope you have/had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete