Wednesday, February 23, 2011

O-My Magic Bullet

A few years ago, Andi received a Magic Bullet for Christmas.

Quit! I know what you're thinking and I'm talking about the BLENDER.


Andi uses it on and off but it mostly collects dust on our kitchen shelf. I can honestly say, I never even thought about using it until a few weeks ago. More than anything during this pregnancy, I've been craving fresh fruit (which is a little hard to come by during Minnesota winters). Somewhere along the line, I had the brainiac idea to whip out the Magic Bullet and make smoothies! I've been obsessed ever since. Here's what I do:

Buy as many fresh, organic ingredients as I can. My smoothie staples include organic french vanilla yogurt, Organic Valley skim milk and organic applesauce.



Next, I add any fresh produce I have one hand. And, in the event I can't find quality fresh fruit, I opt for frozen fruits like bananas, blueberries, raspberries or mixed berries.



Mix together and blend!



Ta-dah! Refreshing homemade organic smoothies. I feel like I'm on a warm, sunny beach already.

No comments:

Post a Comment