Tuesday, February 1, 2011

On Turning 30

There's 12 days left of my 20's. It's hard to believe this chapter of my life is coming to a close in less than two weeks.

My 20's were an important time in my life; I graduated college, had my first drink (ahem, legally), bought my first car, lived on my own for the first time, started paying my own bills, traveled the world, discovered what makes me me, made some difficult decisions about my future and my love life, met my soul mate and married him.

In 13 days, I'll start an entirely new chapter of memories and experiences. I wonder what my 30's will bring? Here are 30 things I'm looking forward to:
  1. A new box to check when filling out forms (I'm no longer in the age group 25-29)
  2. Getting carded less frequently
  3. Becoming a parent
  4. Giving advice to people in their 20's with a hint of wisdom
  5. Buying a new house that's in my name
  6. Celebrating milestone wedding anniversaries (we'll celebrate years 2-11 before I turn 40)
  7. Being comfortable in my own skin
  8. Developing my cooking skills
  9. Becoming more financially responsible
  10. Helping at my future kiddo's school like a cool PTA mom
  11. Finding my first gray hair (just kidding, not looking forward to that one!)
  12. Taking on new responsibilities
  13. Feeling confident in my own beliefs and opinions
  14. Vacationing in new places
  15. Becoming an auntie again (hopefully someday!)
  16. Celebrating my parent's 40th wedding anniversary (in 2017)
  17. Teaching my children all their firsts (walking, talking, etc.)
  18. Making new friends
  19. Investing in my marriage
  20. Realizing I don't care what other people think of me
  21. Being young enough to still do fun and silly things yet being old enough to be wise and respected, if I choose
  22. Discovering new hobbies
  23. Celebrating childhood friendships
  24. Owning a few more cars
  25. Starting my own garden
  26. Spending my summers at the lake
  27. Meeting a celebrity (maybe?)
  28. Joining a bible study or fellowship group at church
  29. Exploring Minnesota
  30. 10 years to prepare myself for turning 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment