Monday, February 21, 2011

February Blizzard

Yesterday was a snow day in every sense of the word, and today the fun began: digging ourselves out of the heavy, white mess. The snow always looks so pretty and peaceful from the inside comforts of my house, but the moment I step outside and begin to navigate though it I find myself wondering why the heck we live where we do.

The weather report says we officially got 14 inches of snow in St. Paul - the biggest snow fall in February on record. Sweet. (Note the sarcasm, it's really not that sweet). Fortunately, we live on a snow emergency route so our main street was plowed early this morning. Unfortunately, the alley behind our house had not been plowed by the time I left this morning and neither had the side streets.

Poor Chloe had to use this winter wonderland for a restroom this morning. She looked at us like we were crazy for making her go out there! Today was her free pass for pooping in the house which she took full advantage of.

Luckily or unluckily, I had a doctor's appointment for the baby (which you can read about here) this morning at 8:15am. I say unluckily because had it not been for that doctor's appointment, I probably would have called in to work today. Andi usually leaves a few hours before I do and my car would have never made it on its own. But since he drove me to the appointment and it's only a few blocks away from my office, I figured I better go in.

They're forecasting even more snow for later this week and all I can think is when will cabin season be here?! I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment