Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Lovely Valentine

Andi and I went easy on celebrating Valentine's Day this year. With our weekend getaway to Southern California, my birthday on the 13th and all the baby excitement as of late, neither of us felt the need to go BIG this year. We actually tried to make dinner plans with a couple friend of ours by accident - ha!

"How does Monday work?" we asked.

"Uh, Monday's Valentine's Day," they replied.

Is that a NO?

On Saturday, Andi and I started to discuss how we wanted to celebrate our little day of love. I confessed I hadn't bought him anything yet and he said he hadn't either. We decided to cook dinner at home in our pajamas. Isn't married life exciting?

I ran to the store and bought 2 artichokes, salad, fresh fruit and a box of brownies for dessert. Although, upon returning home, I realized we didn't have a steak in the freezer after all and I was out of eggs. Damn. So I quickly called Andi and asked him to pick up a steak and a carton of eggs on this way home. He walked in with a giant steak (I think he splurged), eggs and a bag of chips. What kind? It doesn't matter. This man knows the way to my heart.

We feasted on salad, steak and grilled artichokes last night. Warm brownies straight out of the oven and the best Alden's Organic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for dessert. Yum! I attempted to recreate the to-die-for mayonnaise dipping sauce for the artichokes like we had at The Beach House last weekend but it didn't turn out quite the same. I'll have to continue to work on it ... we eat A TON of artichokes in the summertime.


I think we were in bed by 8:30pm last night. Valentine's Day spent with my true love and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment