Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Advent Calendar: Day 12

Santa Claus. Oh, Santa Claus. You look so warm and jolly and yet, our little Tory Girl wanted nothing to do with you today.

Looks like Mommy got her picture taken with Santa, too.


I really (really, really, really, really) didn't want to have my photo taken with Santa. Ugh! But, I guess the same could have been said for Tory.

Today, Tory and I met Andi at the nearby mall for a visit with Santa and lunch together. It really meant a lot to me that Andi took time out of his busy work day to meet us at the mall and see Santa together as a family. I don't know why it's so important to me, but it just is. There's something about the tradition of seeing Mr. Claus. Our little girl will only be this age for so long.

Remember what a cluster last year's Santa visit was? Turns out, visiting Santa on a week day is the way to go! There was no line today. No waiting 2+ hours to see the jolly man. We walked right up to have our picture taken with the Santa. Before we approached him, I warmed Tory up a bit to the situation, thinking that might help her acclimate to sitting on his lap, so we watched a few other kids taken their pictures with him and waved to Santa a few times. Tory was so excited to be in Santa's area and was perfectly happy until the moment I set her on his lap. Enter: Scream Fest.

The Santa workers weren't in a big rush, which was nice I guess, so they tried to warm Tory up to the idea of sitting on Santa's lap with toys. It wasn't the kind of situation where the photographer was willing to stick a screaming kid on Santa's lap, snap a pic and move on. So long story short, the only way we were going to get a picture without a screaming child was if I held her in the photo. Had I foreseen this happening (me in the picture, not the screaming. I expected that part), I probably would've dressed a little nicer. Oh, well ....

Afterwards, Andi and I took Tory to the sushi restaurant attached to the mall. It was either that, the pretzel place or Chipolte (which I had for lunch yesterday). This was Tory's first time at a sushi restaurant (fancy baby!) and she behaved fairly well. It's not very often we see Andi during the day so today was a nice treat.

1 comment:

  1. We still need to take Charley too, and I'm expecting a scream fest too! I almost kind of want that picture...is that mean? haha.

    You look great though, even if you weren't prepared to be in the picture too. :)

    ReplyDelete