Friday, December 14, 2012

HBD & Christmas Advent Calendar: Day 13

Yesterday was Andi's birthday and for a man who prefers little hoopla around his special day, I think he celebrated a pretty good one. My first birthday rule: you never work on them, but someone has to bring home the bacon around here so to work he went. His co-workers brought in Taco Taxi take-out for lunch (Andi's favorite) so that made his afternoon. Then, Andi's mom volunteered to babysit so Andi and I could enjoy a nice dinner out together at Pittsburgh Blue. As far as suburbia restaurants go, it's right up there with the best. Andi ordered his all-time favorite meal - crab legs - which they shuck for you table side. I had a tasty blue cheese-crusted fillet and French onion soup to die for. The waiter even brought Andi a red velvet cupcake with a sparkler on top for dessert. I didn't even tell them it was his birthday!


This week I've been thinking back to all the birthdays we've shared together. It's fun to remember our days pre-marriage or pre-Tory and the road we've traveled to get to here. I truly feel fortunate this man chose me to share his years.

Tory made her Daddy a birthday card for his birthday gift. It didn't come easy; Beanie does NOT like her feet painted. You'd swear someone was holding them to the fire instead of a piece of paper.


I made Andi a homemade ice cream cake (recipe here) and I have to say, it was delicious. I altered the recipe a smidge, using only 1 gallon of ice cream instead of the recommended two. I'm not sure I own a bowl big enough to hold two gallons of ice cream, nor should we eat that much.

------

Because it was Andi's birthday, I kept our Christmas advent calendar activity simple for Day 13 and gave Tory a present to open. She knew just what to do and sat quietly in front of the Christmas tree unwrapping her gift.


2011 me was smart and snagged these Christmas pajamas on clearance last year. Of course, Tory was more interested in the wrapping paper than the pajamas, but she sure looked cute wearing them to bed last night!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Andi. I've always wondered if Pittsburgh Blue was worth checking out and now I know. Maybe I'll even suggest it for my upcoming Birthday.

    ReplyDelete