Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Advent Calendar: Day 14

Like many across the county, Andi and I had heavy hearts yesterday as we began our Christmas advent calendar activity for Day 14.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the CT tragedy.

By coincidence, I'm glad we had a family-friendly activity on the docket for yesterday's advent calendar. As soon as Andi arrived home from work, we loaded up Tory and Chloe the Dog in the car with hot cocoa in hand to drive around and look at Christmas lights. This is an activity we used to do as a family when I was a little girl and a tradition Andi and I have continued into our life together. Having a toddler in the mix does change things a bit. We were running against the bedtime clock so instead of driving around slowly gawking at any and all holiday lights in random residential neighborhoods, Andi found a big lights display near our house via The Google. We opted for a one-and-done situation which was perfectly fine for us.


Turns out, we visited this Christmas lights display last year, but didn't recognize it until we arrived there. I can't imagine putting this many lights up on my house, nor being this guy's neighbor and having a parade of cars and blaring lights outside my window. Although, I'm glad someone else does it because it's sure is fun to look at when it's not on my street!

Since we were parked on the side of the road, I took Tory out of her car seat so she could see the action up close.


Tory thought the lights were nice, but was even more interested in Daddy's steering wheel. It was blowing her mind big time being somewhere other than in her backward-facing car seat.


We made it home just in time for bedtime and had a perfect evening with our family. I cherish every moment we have the opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment