Sunday, December 27, 2009

The city skyline never looked so good...

We finally made it back to Minneapolis tonight after a long 8 hour drive from Nebraska. We had a great holiday with my family back home, but are sooo glad to be back tonight. Mostly excited to sleep in our own bed tonight - our bodies are far too old to sleep on an air mattress any longer we've decided. The roads were much better on our drive home today, which was lucky since Andi came down with the flu yesterday. He still wasn't feeling well today so I drove part of the way home. I wouldn't have been very comfortable doing so had the roads been as icy as Wednesday.

Top 2009 Christmas memory? Brookie opening her kitty cat present from Santa Clause. We haven't laughed that hard in a while! It's so fun to have a little one at Christmas again - can't wait to add a few more to the bunch :)  If you haven't seen the video of her opening Kitty, click on the post below.

Merry Christmas everyone! Can't believe we're heading back to work tomorrow...already. Good thing another long weekend is on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys made it back safely, I was thinking about you today : ) I know exactly what you mean. . . we love going to see my parents or even traveling for that matter but NOTHING compares to being at home in our own bed.

    ReplyDelete