Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shiny spot in a normally unpleasant experience

Disclaimer: TMI post? Maybe (but not too bad). Read with caution :)

I went to my female annual exam today. Everything went fine, or as fine as those things tend to go. But one thing happened that I've waited my whole life to say. When the doctor asked me about my sexual history (one of the most uncomfortable situations a woman can be in, I think), I was able to say MARRIED! ... which sounds a whole lot less trashy than previous answers of eh, well, uh ... I have a boyfriend. But that's not the exciting part. Next when the questions about pregnancy and children came up, I happily stated "well, we maaayyy be trying within the next year" ... which was such an exhilerating thing to say - outloud, in a real doctor's professional setting! Truthfully, we may or may not be, but now that I'm married I'm finally in a place where I could utter those few sweet-sounding words. I called Andi right away when I got in the car to share my excitement. He didn't sound so amused and when into some schpeal about women and turning 30 and why do women on the cusp of turning 30 always want to get pregnant ... yada, yada, yada. Boys just don't understand. I, however, see a cute little baby in my not-so-distant future which is the best darn feeling in the whole wide world.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! It is VERY exciting to be at a spot in your life where everything is in place that a baby would only add more joy!!

    ReplyDelete