Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Currently in December

Ho, Ho, Ho! Currently in December ...


Current Books: Just finished Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollin (likely the most powerful and influencial book I've read this year!). I liked how this book gave stark details and farm-to-table stories but allowed the reader to determine how they felt about it. Definitely changed my views on our country's food system!  On January 1, I'm getting ready to start The Daily Bible -- one of my 2010 goals is to pray and meditate in God's word every day. If I can keep with it, this book should make it easy! The book is broken into daily increments with passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.

Current Playlist: All I've really been listening to lately is Christmas music. There's a station on our satiellite box that plays non-stop Christmas music. Sadly, I forced Andi to go hang out in his man-cave last weekend (the room above our garage) because he counldn't take it anymore. Oh well! I love what a good mood it's put me in these last few weeks. Such happy, heartfelt songs.

Current Guilty Pleasure: Iced coffee ... mmmm!  Andi was just telling me how to make iced coffee at home in our new french press. I can't wait to try it!

Current Color: Black, always.

Current Drink: Diet Coke, iced coffee and Starbucks VIA (I don't change much, do I)?

Current Food: Loving create-your-own salads right now. Bleu cheese crumbles, cottage cheese, sunflower seeds and Ranch dressing ... yum!

Current Favorite Show: If someone were to peak into my TiVo box, they'd think I was majoring in crime dramas.  CSI, Criminal Minds and 48 Hours all the way!

Current Wishlist: I new hairstyle. I can't decide if I want to grow my hair out or cut it short again. Part of me wants to color it lighter brown (think Jen Aniston), yet I secretly swoon over the black silky hair of this girl at work. Oooh the tough choices in life ...

Current Needs: A warmer climate. I did NOT sign up to live in the arctic tundra that is Minnesota. Sigh, two more months of this crap!

Current Triumphs: All my Christmas baking. We have so many cookies at our house that I've been saving to gift to friends and snack on at Christmas. We've only eaten a few outselves - good work Andi and Heather!

Current Bane Of My Existence: Grouchy people. The stress of the holidays is really getting to people and they're rubbing their grouchiness all over the place. Keep it to yourlseves, people!

Current Celebrity Crush: Can I have a girl one? I've been admiring the hair of Jen, Angelina and Kate Beckinsale

Current Indulgence: Christmas sugar cookies, mmmm

Current Blessing: My husband. I'm more enamored with him everyday...so lucky to have him in my life.

Current Slang: What up.
Current Outfit: Black pants, black long-sleeve tee and a gray sweater. I wore boots today to work, which was a big mistake. I've skidded across the icy sidewalks about seventeen times today and my toes are in a constant frozen state.

Current Excitement: Only 8 more days until Nebraska for Christmas! We're also celebrating Christmas with Andi's family this weekend which should be super fun.

Current Mood: Relieved that Winter Break is almost here. I'm looking forward to a few days without interns and a few quite days around the office.

Current Link:  http://www.people.com/people/

No comments:

Post a Comment