Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Five years ago today, my little pooch Chloe was born. I feel like such a proud parent today - I can't believe she's so grown up already.  Seems like just yesterday I went to a small little town in Western Nebraska to pick out a little Yorkie puppy. I lived in a small apartment in Sioux Falls, SD at the time (which didn't allow dogs!) but I wanted one so badly and thought she'd be small enough to sneek her in. When I arrived at the house, this little black puff ball was so friendly and active - I knew she was the one I wanted.
In February she was big enough to take home. Chloe weighed about a pound when I got her; she was the size of my hand and was so tiny and scared. She become my little sidekick, traveling around North & South Dakota with me for my job and making many trips to Nebraska to see my family. Eventually we left South Dakota together and moved in with Andi. He wasn't so fond of her at first (it was mostly the not listening and accidents on the floor that turned him off!). And Chloe wasn't so fond of all his rules. But now ... we're a big happy family.

A few pics of Chloe throughout the years ...

Summertime Boating

Dreaming of shopping ...

Favorite summertime place - sunning in the backyard!

The time Andi took Chloe to get her haircut ...

Chasing squirrels in the park

Sitting pretty in Grandma's chair

Christmas Puppy

Happy birthday little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment